Bryan is Here!!!!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

18 weeks

Wow that just seem unreal.  18 weeks, I'm really here.  I've actually had a really crappy week.  I've been feeling cruddy since Friday night, and discovered I have the beginnings of a nice fun sinus infection.  My General Practitioner gave me a prescription for an antibiotic hoping to fend off a more severe infection, and my chiropractor recommended a technique to help break the crap up.  I'm definitely going to give it a try tonight, in fact as soon as I'm done with this I'm headed up to try it and go to bed.  Here's the survey.
The survey:
How far along: 18 weeks 0 days
Total weight gain/loss: -0.5 from pre IVF
Maternity clothes:  All maternity pants or stretchy knit skirts (I LOVE my Old Navy roll top skirts!). Some regular shirts fit, but only on good show off my bump days :-)
Stretch marks: One new one on my belly, left side.  The ones on my hips from puberty are ANGRY!  I've started using Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion for stretch marks, and it is taking most of the redness away.  Loving it!
Sleep: Sucks.  Mostly because I've been coughing.  Its tough to get healthy when you can't sleep.
Movement: Just some flutters.  I really can't wait for that to start for real!
Cravings: None really, broccoli cheese soup twice this week, but I think that because I've been sick.
Aversions: Still having issues with hot sauce.  Anything really greasy doesn't sit well. Sometimes cooked fryer oil sets me off.
Gender: We'll find out in 1 week!!!! Can't wait.
Symptoms: Nausea is tapering off to once or twice a week.  Sciatica is in full force (thank GOD for chiropractors).  Tired a lot.
What I miss:  Not eating tums for dinner. Heartburn has been really bad!
What I look forward to: Feeling real movement
Moods: Up, down left, right, in, out....depends on the minute
Milestones: umm..oh discussing cribs and names
Medical Concerns: the sinus infection of course, and I'm still getting headaches, although these are sinus related I'm sure.
Weekly Wisdom: I'm going to repeat the little green brain wisdom.  It's saved my butt twice this week.
Best moment this week: Being reminded how awesome my hubby is.  Even though he doesn't like doctors and medicine, he was adamant that I go to the doctor ASAP when I started coughing up pretty colors.  I normally would have just toughed it out, but he insisted, and now I'm glad he did.

1 comment:

  1. Earlier today I was digging around looking for my phone...I was speaking on it. Does the little green brain help with that? I really may have to find a chiro like you. Can't wait to hear how your scan goes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful. You have the right to disagree with me, you do not have the right to disrespect me.