Bryan is Here!!!!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Trigger Tonight

I finally get to trigger tonight! I'm a little nervous about it though, although DR. RE doesn't seem to think I should be. I have 7 total follicles over 15, but only 2 are over 18 and only one was at 20 as of my USthis morning. I've always thought it would be great to have twins, ever since I was a little girl I'm nervous about more than that though. The doc doesn't think that any of the follicles but the 18 and the 20 will release when I trigger tonight, so keep your fingers crossed for me. IUI's are scheduled for Monday and Tuesday Morning, beta on the 10th. Just in time for me to know when we get together with my Dad's family on the 12th!!!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Still holding...

Had my US and Bloodwork this morning. My follicles are growing nicely. There are now 4 that are 13 or bigger, 3 on the left side (which should THE side this cycle). Bad news though, my E2 levels dropped, and they're still under 100.

I realized I had NO idea what this level indicated so I wnt and did some research with Dr. Google. Here's what I found out:

Estradiol (E2) Cycle Day 3: 25-75 pg/ml Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.

Day 4-5 of meds: 100+ pg/ml or 2x Day 3 There are no charts showing E2 levels during stimulation since there is a wide variation depending on how many follicles are being produced and their size. Most doctors will consider any increase in E2 a positive sign, but others use a formula of either 100 pg/ml after 4 days of stims, or a doubling in E2 from the level taken on cycle day 3.

Surge/hCG day: 200 + pg/ml The levels should be 200-600 per mature (18 mm) follicle. These levels are sometimes lower in overweight women.

So here I am at Day 5 of injections, and I'm only at 71. With 4 maturing follicles, according to this information, I should be closer to 1000! UGH! SO I'm doubling my injection dose for the next 2 days, and I have to go for another US and more blood on Saturday. Hopefully this will take care of it and I will get my IUI on Sunday and Monday or Monday and Tuesday.

Plus side is now A only has to miss 1 morning day of hunting at the most. That is a BIG relief and a huge weight of guilt off my shoulders.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Holding Pattern

I am currently in a holding pattern until an ultrasound and blood work tomorrow. Things have been really weird the last week, including AF showing in FULL glory last Friday, a full WEEK after my 2 days of light flow. They had me start the injections Saturday anyway, since another protocal they do does that med day 3-8. I went for my first US and blood work yesterday, and everything is progressing well. I had 2 follicles (16 and 13 mm) on my left side and a 13 on my right side. So we continue 2 more days of meds and go back in the morning. Fingers Crossed.

Unfortunatley, this puts us at probably having the IUI Friday& Saturday or Saturday & Sunday. This totally SUCKS for A because he is a deer hunter and this weekend in First Shotgun season in Illinois. He only gets 7 days a year to shotgun hunt (he bow hunts too, but hasn't had much, ok any, luck yet this year) 3 days in November and 4 in December. And the November is THIS Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There's just no real way for us to make this happen and him go hunt in the am. (For those who don't know, deer hunting is best right at sunrise or the hour before sundown) The RE's office is an hour away, so he HAS to go with to make the "deposit"The time frame is too close in case of traffic or other issues to attempt to do it at home and me go myself. To make it worse, they only do the IUI's in the morning (7, 8, and 9). I feel really bad about it. I gave him a hard time about it a couple weeks ago when I realized that we were going to be close, but I didn't actually think we were going to hit THIS weekend. And now here we are, and I feel like a total @ss.

Why can't our bodies just cooperate???

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And we are a go

We're a go for the next cycle. Dr. RE thinks this light cycle was just a fluke. Meds start tonight, injections over the weekend, ultrasound and blood work a week from today.

And....deep breath....exhale...relax

4 days of Craziness

Wow the last 4 days have been INSANE in my world of IF. Here's what's been happening

Friday: Mild cramping, BFN HPT, pretty sure AF will arrive over the weekend. Call Dr. RE's office to find out what they want to do. I'm supposed to have a baseline US on CD 2 and then start meds that night. That might be Sunday, might be Monday, but getting a US appointment can be a pain since I live out of town and have it done locally. Do they want to schedule it for Monday? No if I don't start, they'll charge me for the cancellation if its not at least 2 hours in advance, and when you have the first appt of the morning that's impossible. Nurse says if I start call monday am and they'll try and get me in Monday afternoon somewhere. Calls in prescription, says to start on CD 2 if I start on Saturday.

Saturday: AF shows mid-day, but really light. No usual symptoms, no cramping, no heavy flow..strange.

Sunday: Same as Saturday, very light AF. Take first of 5 doses of meds.

Monday: AF GONE! after 2 days??? Very Strange. Call Dr. RE's office have baseline US scheduled for 1:30 at hospital. Go in, tech is of no help, offers NO information, won't even let me see screen (grrr). Go back to work to wait for phone call. Fast forward to 6pm, still no call from Dr. RE's office. I call after hours line. Since US was at hospital and had to be sent, On-call nurse doesn't have access to it electronically and hasn't seen it. She's concerned that I might be pg...implanting late. Take HPT at home tonight, if negative take meds if comfortable, or wait for US results in morning. HPT is negative after 4 hours holding it. Skip meds anyway, I'm not Taking any chances.

Tuesday AM: Nurse calls, US shows lots of little follicles forming, thin lining. Could have been a fluke, but she still uneasy. Dr. RE calls to check in around noon, she'll check with him. Do nothing until she calls back. He may want to see me when he comes to town (1 hour away instead of 3) tomorrow.

UGH I am freaking a little here!!!