Bryan is Here!!!!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Still holding...

Had my US and Bloodwork this morning. My follicles are growing nicely. There are now 4 that are 13 or bigger, 3 on the left side (which should THE side this cycle). Bad news though, my E2 levels dropped, and they're still under 100.

I realized I had NO idea what this level indicated so I wnt and did some research with Dr. Google. Here's what I found out:

Estradiol (E2) Cycle Day 3: 25-75 pg/ml Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.

Day 4-5 of meds: 100+ pg/ml or 2x Day 3 There are no charts showing E2 levels during stimulation since there is a wide variation depending on how many follicles are being produced and their size. Most doctors will consider any increase in E2 a positive sign, but others use a formula of either 100 pg/ml after 4 days of stims, or a doubling in E2 from the level taken on cycle day 3.

Surge/hCG day: 200 + pg/ml The levels should be 200-600 per mature (18 mm) follicle. These levels are sometimes lower in overweight women.

So here I am at Day 5 of injections, and I'm only at 71. With 4 maturing follicles, according to this information, I should be closer to 1000! UGH! SO I'm doubling my injection dose for the next 2 days, and I have to go for another US and more blood on Saturday. Hopefully this will take care of it and I will get my IUI on Sunday and Monday or Monday and Tuesday.

Plus side is now A only has to miss 1 morning day of hunting at the most. That is a BIG relief and a huge weight of guilt off my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful. You have the right to disagree with me, you do not have the right to disrespect me.