Bryan is Here!!!!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Yep its pre-eclampsia

I think the title says it all. I had my follow up with the OB nurse this morning. My BP was up again, and didn't really come down after resting for 30 minutes. Since dr. O was at the hospital performing surgeries, he had them send me over for 4 hour monitoring. We were ther for about 45 minutes when he got a break and came by to see me, and my Bp hadn't really come down much at all yet. At that point he said he wanted to continue monitoring until about 3, but it was in his mind preeclampsia and I would be on bed rest for the duration. He said his primary goal was to keep me pregnant for as long as possible, and keep my BP down so we could avoid an induction. Have I mentioned how much I love my OB?!?!? I told him that if bed rest was what it took to keep me from having to be induced, I would not leave my bed for 2 weeks!

He really would like me to get to 39 weeks, which is just 2 and a half weeks away! Luckily we're pretty good to go. A installed the carseat yesterday, the labor bag is just about packed, and I'm feeling pretty good about every thing. Everything else will fall into place. So now we will go in for non-stress tests about twice a week and just wait for the little man to decide he's ready. 2-3 weeks of bed rest is no big deal when I look at the grand scheme of things, and it will give me an opportunity to write thank you notes, do some reading and cross-stitching, and maybe even get my birth announcements made up....if I can just get someone to go get me the supplies. Luckily I kinda know what I want.

Maybe I can convince the warden to let me go on a supply excursion with my sister on Friday...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful. You have the right to disagree with me, you do not have the right to disrespect me.