Like just about everyone else out in the blogsphere, I have been contemplating what changes to myself I want to bring about in 2010. So much has changed in my life in 2009, heck so much has changed in the last 2 weeks, I can't even begin to fathom the amount of change I'm going to go through in 2010. But there are definitely some things I want to change.
I don't like resolutions. I give up resolutions by February 1st. Always have, probably always will. It's just so cliche in my mind. However, January 1st is a great time to start new goals for myself (Or in my case January 5th since this is the first I'm really sitting down and thinking about it.) So without further ado...my goals for 2010:
- Read my bible and pray daily. A and I are in a bible study that asks for daily reading and I have been terrible about keeping up. I usually am in a mad dash over the weekend to read the entire weeks lessons before Tuesday's class. I get SO MUCH MORE out of what I read when I actually read it every day. This leads directly into the second part, each daily lesson ends with a prayer time, so if I am doing my lesson, I will naturally fall into my daily conversation with God.
- Clean my house EVERY WEEK. I know this sounds silly, but this is a big thing for me. I HATE to clean and as such, my house only gets really clean when people are coming over..then I spend 3 days freaking out because it's such a mess and I don't think I'll ever get it done in time. If I spend just an hour or 2 EVERY WEEKEND cleaning up, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, I can eliminate that stress and be more comfortable entertaining more often (which I love to do). Plus it will probably help me physically feel better too, since I have asthma and all.
- Update my financial software EVERY DAY. A and I use a software package to help manage our finances, and I have been REALLY slacking. We are starting fresh with 2010 and kicking it into high gear so that we can truly become financially independent and secure, not just doing ok. Especially with all the unknowns with IF heading into the next year. Which leads into...
- Don't let IF (and everything IF including message boards and blogging *GASP*) take over my life EVER AGAIN. There was a time in 2009 when I became so centered on getting pregnant and having a baby that it defined me. Every free moment (and even some I didn't have free) were devoted to anything IF. Research, message boards, reading blogs, just moping, whatever. Infertility does not define who I am, I define how infertility effects me. Yes it sucks, but I must still be ME after all of this.
- Take some ME time every month, at least 1 whole day. I have to remember that if I don't take care of me, I can't take care of A or my future baby, or my friends, or my job, or my volunteer work, or anything else. If I fall apart, I'm no good to all those who depend on me, so I have to make sure I give myself time to unwind and just have a little fun...which leads to
- Finish what I started with my weight loss. I was 35 pounds down and had 35 to go. I started this in July 2009, there's nothing to say I can't finish by July 2010. I have slacked over the last 6 weeks and haven't been on a scale in 4, so I"m sure I've back slid a little, but I can do it. And not for anyone else but ME. The feeling I get when I put on clothes like I used to wear and feel SEXY makes it all worth it. I can only imagine how GREAT I will feel once I actually get to where I want to be!
A's hollering that it's time to go get dinner and head to bible study, so I'll work on the New Year's eve story tomorrow. Have a great night!!!