Bryan is Here!!!!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lessons from a Short Getaway

I realized this weekend how much of a funk I have really been in lately.  A and I took a short trip to St. Louis overnight Friday so that we could go the the Haunters Convention on Saturday.  (A and I are HUGE Halloween buffs.  We worked at a haunted house for 11 years before it closed.)  Since it's a pretty long drive for us and we wanted to be there early on Saturday, we decided to drive down on Friday night.  We stayed in a hotel for a ridiculously cheap rate thanks to my sister and just had a great evening Friday.  We got into the hotel about 6 pm and took the Metrolink downtown.  A really wanted to go try out this brewery, so we walked about a mile from uni.on sta.tion to the Tap Ro.om for dinner and a couple beers.  First off I have to tell you Schl.afly's beer is AWESOME.  Their Pale Ale was yummy!  We also had a great dinner and AMAZING service.  There were a couple problems with the food, and our waitress took care of everything right away.  We ended up not being charged for my meal, even after they replaced it, and I didn't have to say anything more than "My sandwich is cold"  I was totally blown away.  That is really hard to do with me too.  I worked in restaurants for 8 years, and as a trainer for 2, so I know how its supposed to be done.  This was above and beyond everything I would have ever expected.  Needless to say we paid the same amount we would have paid if we had been charged for my meal (and then some) and our waitress deserved EVERY PENNY of that tip.

After dinner we were headed back to the hotel and down to the pool.  We forgot our swim suits the last time we spent the night in a hotel, so it was nice to actually have them this time.  We got downstairs and had the whole area to ourselves.  OH MY GOSH I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time.  We just hand so much fun trying to to handstands and knocking each other over, racing the length of the pool, trying to dunk each other...you get the drift.  It was like we were teenagers again.  I don't remember the last time I laughed until I couldn't breathe, and that's how it was Friday night.  After the pool closed, we headed up to our room, took showers to clean off the chlorine, and headed to bed. 

All in all it was a really incredible night and the break I needed right now.  Never mind the fun we had at the haunt show the next day.  Friday night was a great reminder of just how blessed I am with the life.  A reminder of all the things I can do even if I am faced with one big can't.  I have a wonderful husband whom I love more than life itself, and who loves me back.  I can laugh and have a good time to the point that its hard to breathe.  I can smile so much that my face hurts.  I can be a fun person to be with.  I can be silly and crazy and even a little childish every once in a while.  I can be a happy person even through all the struggles with infertility.

I can

1 comment:

  1. Great post! So glad you had such a good time with your wonderful husband!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful. You have the right to disagree with me, you do not have the right to disrespect me.