Bryan is Here!!!!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Home from my trip...on to the injectables

I have been gone for the past 3 days on a business trip to Atlanta. It was a good trip, I learned a lot at the conference, but I am glad to be home. The timing worked out just perfectly, I start the injectables tonight for 4 days.

While on my trip, I got the opportunity to see my mom. 2 years ago she and her husband (they got married long after I was gone to college so I don't really view him as my step-dad) moved from Illinois to South Carolina. They left with all of about 14 days notice to my sister and I, and I didn't get to see her before she moved a 12 hour drive away. Not for lack of trying mind you...they drove right past the city I live in on their way to SC, but it was at 6am and they didn't want to "inconvenience" me that early in the morning, even though I was the one who offered to meet them at a gas station right off the highway so I could at least give her a hug. Needless to say, our relationship has been strained for a while, and even more so after that.

Anyway, when I found out I was going to be a little over an hour from where she lives, I decided to take a chance and see if she wanted to come to Atlanta and see me. I didn't have a rental car, and wasn't really going to have the time to drive to see her, but I would have some time to spend with her if she could come to me. I really didn't expect her to accept the offer, but I thought I would try. Sure enough, she jumped at the chance to get away for a little bit and come see me...sans hubby. Long story short, we had a great visit, better than we've had in a really long time, and she is really excited for A and me that we are going ahead with a treatment cycle. She also had trouble conceiving, and although clomid was all it took for her, she at least gets it a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful. You have the right to disagree with me, you do not have the right to disrespect me.