Bryan is Here!!!!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

IUI - Good and Bad

The IUI went ok this morning. Everything was great from my end. Catheter went in super easy, and I know our timing is right on because I have lots of ovulation symptoms today. Bad part, A's pre and post wash numbers SUCKED!!! :-(

I don't understand it. 6 months ago his numbers were "low side of normal" according to my OB. How does that drop so much in that little time??? We're hoping it was just a fluke, that they'd been sitting too longm but I'd be lying if I didn't say the news totally deflated me. I was so excited about this cycle and the IUI, and now I'm not really all that hopeful.

We did lean something today. The statement "It only takes one sperm" is actually totally false. It takes about 50,000 releasing their enzymes to break down the calcium barrier around the egg enough for 1 sperm to get in. I never knew that!

We go back tomorrow morning for a second attempt, and I'm hoping for some better numbers. If not, A will be going to see a boy doctor. I was really hoping this was going to be the end of our journey, but it looks like its just another intersection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful. You have the right to disagree with me, you do not have the right to disrespect me.