Bryan is Here!!!!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Surgery follow-up

So we went back to the RE today for the follow up to my laparoscopy this t afternoon, and he started the conversation with good news and bad news. The good news, everything looks really good, I have beautiful insides. The bad news, everything looks really good, I have beautiful insides. Basically it boils down to my PCOS is probably causing "overcooked" eggs that just aren't good enough to do what they need to. So what do we do I ask. And here's the plan to start with my next cycle:
1. Meds to stimulate those folicles to grow
2. More meds to stimulate those folicles to grow bigger (injectables - ouch)
3. Ultrasound to check those folicles are big enough
4. More meds to stimulate those folicles to release an egg (more injectables)
5. Wait 2 days
6. Trip to RE's office 2 days in a row for IUI.
7. Wait 2 weeks.
8. Find out if it worked

I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited. Given A's "low of normal" SA, Dr. RE wants to skip the "at home insemination" and go straight to the assisted one. The best of all of this, is our insurance is AWESOME for it. It will cost us only about $150 out of pocket for the whole cycle!!! Meds and all!!! From what I've heard from othe women who've been through it, this is WAY cheap. So here's to hoping all goes well.

And another bonus, I've lost 10 pounds since I was at his office 6 weeks ago! HOLY COW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful. You have the right to disagree with me, you do not have the right to disrespect me.